Thursday 18 February 2016

First day back at work

4.00pm

So my first day went OK, I think over half of it was spent chatting and catching up with people which was nice but felt like I had achieved nothing. All I did was make up a litre of Magnesium Sulphate and 5 litres of lime water.

Tomorrow will be different though as I won't be working with anyone, I'll be on my own to get done as much as I can. There is still so much to get done after moving faculties and it is over-whelming but I'm taking it in my stride. I'm on 4 hour days today and tomorrow and then next week is 5 hour days.

Although I'm not totally ready to be back at work, I feel as though I have accomplished something and was relieved to see that I hadn't forgotten how to make up chemical solutions.

Tonight is slimming world and I do NOT want to weigh in after I had been to Butlins, eating pasties, pancakes, pizza, cookie dough, pot noodles and nachos to name a few. Trying a new technique to shift weightloss. Combining calorie counting with slimming world syns. Up to 15 syns a day as normal but up to 1400cals for the whole day. With my job and exercise, this (according to myfitnesspal) will lead to a loss of 1 lb per week.

I have a friend who is going through an incredibly difficult time and a friend that seems like she is happy and falling in love. Two different ends of the spectrum, very bitter sweet. I'm hoping that soon they'll both be happy. I miss R, I haven't seen him in months. I am skint so can't travel to see him or even go to see my mum and dog.

I feel a bit 'blank' at the moment, it's the only way I can describe it. A bit numb but in a good way. Not too much anxiety and feeling more relaxed. My mind isn't overloaded with thoughts for once so I don't really know what else to say! I don't feel sad, I don't feel happy. Maybe I'm close to content. I know it won't last but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment. If you're suffering from these things too, I want to hear from you. Your thoughts matter.