Thursday 8 October 2015

Where to start?

I really don't know where to begin....
I have suffered with depression for as long as I can remember due to having a very difficult childhood. But it's made me the good person I am today so I wouldn't change it.

I'm hoping this blog will be somewhere to plant my thoughts instead of letting them whizz around my head constantly.


I got diagnosed with depression at the end of 2014 after many years of battling. I couldn't see any other way of dealing with it. I had low intensity CBT and then 6 sessions of counselling. I found the CBT was not helpful at all.


Then in July 2015, my whole world crashed around me when my dad died. My depression spiralled out of control and also turned into anxiety and addiction. I became addicted to codeine to deal with the depression and anxiety.


I will also incorporate a little of my struggles with endometriosis too. I was diagnosed with this in June 2012.

1 comment:

  1. You're so brave. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts put on paper, as it were. Love you. M xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment. If you're suffering from these things too, I want to hear from you. Your thoughts matter.