Thursday 29 October 2015

Codeine withdrawal

8.30am

I haven't taken codeine in 2 and half days. Yesterday I was woken up by terrible anxiety and today was 10 times worse. Once it wakes you up, it's so intense that you have no hope of getting back to sleep. To help this, I could either take more codeine or take diazepam. I'm going to try the lesser of 2 evils and go and buy over the counter co-codamol which is a quarter of the strength of what I usually take and hopefully wean myself off instead of going cold turkey like last time. I've been taking my codeine as prescribed for pain, it's so unfair that I have to go through this. Also, it gives me an upset stomach which is good for tonight's weigh in at slimming world but won't be representative.

It's freakin' tipping it down with rain!! I have to cycle to my blood test, then cycle to the pharmacy and then cycle to work!! Dampner on an already crappy day.

1 comment:

  1. Well... if it counts for anything... seeing you this evening will do nothing but raise my spirits. What do you fancy for dinner after weigh-in?

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment. If you're suffering from these things too, I want to hear from you. Your thoughts matter.